Saturday, June 1, 2019

JUNE CHALLENGE | "NANAS"


Pinch and a punch. New challenge this month.  This challenge reminds me of my Baba AKA Grandma.  Miss matched patters and colours that somehow were a style.  If that makes sense?!  Here is the inspiration picture....



This months homegrown challenge Sponsor is one of our faithful favourites - D-lish Scraps.  Please take the time to peruse the shop and pick up a few gorgeous embellishments.  We also have our favourite International Store sponsoring our International winners - Accent Scrap.  Make sure you check out all the gorgeous flair.

Now for some inspiration from our design team:


I was inspired to draw from the image as much as I could. I used a white background and then a mix of busy, colourful patterns including a geometric design. I also added flowers and included pops of yellow inspired by the clogs.
I took inspiration from all the different patterns.
Inspired the patch work bags and the mixture of colours and patterns.Tamara
Inspired by the florals
I was inspired by the yellow clogs. I am on a mission this year to get out of my comfort zone and I certainly did with this one! I never use yellow!! the technique was inspired by a step by step tutorial by Tammy Klingner - the design itself quite different to Tammy's page.
The miss match of patterns got me
Krisy
I've gone for that patterns in this one.
Anne
This is my june layout, I got my inspiration in the color, the flowers and the leaves.
I was inspired by the pops of busy pattern on a more subtle backdrop, and I wanted the yellow to stand out on my layout, the way it does in the image.

I took this months theme of "Patterns and Colours" as a representation of "Mismatched" - some see beauty and others don't - a bit like life really - underneath the picture is a quote that represents how fractured moments shape us as women
Inspired by the florals and that pop of yellow!


Remember when you link up to include your country of Origin to make it a little easier for judging.  AND remember you can link up via the blog using your blog, a facebook link or Instagram link.  You don't have to have a blog to play along.  Of if that is a little too much just message your entry through on our Facebook.  All entries are considered.

This months homegrown sponsor is D-lish Scraps and as always Scrapbook Accent is on board for our international winner.  Make sure you check out their pages.  Without their support we wouldn't be able to reward you for you efforts.

Can't wait to see what you all come up with this month.

Krisy xx

1 comment:

Danni Vee said...

Love this month's challenge, so much fun!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.