Tuesday, June 20, 2017

HOMEGROWN GUEST DESIGNER #12 | KIM ARCHER

So, time has gotten away from me this month.  I thought tomorrow was the 20th but nope, turns out it is today.  Today I have some more inspiration for you in the form of our Homegrown Guest Designer.  This month I invited a lady that is responsible for so much inspiration and we rarely see her actual work.  Curious how?  Well, this months Designer is responsible for JOT Magazine.  Please welcome Kim Archer to Scrap the Girls.



"Hey there Scrap the Girls ladies!
I'm Kim Archer, long time paper lover/memory keeper and publisher of Jot Mag. I'm a graphic designer and I've been involved in the paper craft industry since 2004.
I have been fortunate enough to have had lots of opportunities along the way including teaching for stores/online/retreats plus designing product, design teams, regularly creating content for scrapbooking magazines, being part of the For Keeps Elite Team and Scrapbooking Memories Masters Team and building several businesses along the way.
Today my focus is very much on continuing to build Jot as a brand by creating our digital magazine issues, speciality ebooks and working on our Jot blog.
Thanks Krisy for inviting me to be part of your challenge .. It was indeed a challenge as I rarely make scrapbook layouts these days BUT I'm still very much creating as I'm a huge fan of Project Life and I'm tackling the smaller sized 6x8 Project Life album this year which so far is working well for me. Am I all caught up? Nope! But I'm totally okay with that and happy to be adding in our photos and stories when I can!
For this challenge I freaked out at all the flowers on this sketch! I own barely any flowers! So I made my own from paper circles. The layout is 6x8 and will go directly into my Project Life album. I love mixing up full pages like this -- the chance to create some mini layouts -- amongst my pocket pages. Thanks again Krisy for inviting me to be a part of your challenge blog."

And here is Kim's take...


Here are some close ups too...



Thank you so much Kim for playing along with us this month. If you want to check out more of Kim here are all her links.


This layout and the flowers are perfect. The flowers had me stumped at the beginning too. Kim has a really clean style and its so pretty to look at. I hope it inspires you to interpret the sketch how you see it. The flowers don't need to be scary substitute them for something else...Remember its all about interpretation.

Make sure you link up your layouts via the blog or send them through via the Facebook page.

Krisy xx

No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.