Monday, March 20, 2017

HOMEGROWN GUEST DESIGNER #9 | ANGUREE JANSEN VAN RENSBURG

This month's Homegrown Guest Designer is some one who's work really makes an impact.  When you see her stuff it makes you go WOW!

Please welcome Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg to Scrap the Girls.


"Hello there, my name is Anguree, and I am super excited  to be guesting and playing along with you this month. 

I am married to an wonderful guy and live in Darwin, part of Australia's tropical north. We have no children except for a very spoiled Chocolate Labrador.
Fun fact: I love to travel but sometimes my all responsible self gets left behind at home and the crazy 6 year old within me comes along... On one holiday I have bungee jumped with both a pushbike and a scooter. Why, you may ask me? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Uhmm I  wanted the photo... ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜œ

I  started scrapbooking more than 10 years ago but things really only started to click in place late 2013. I had the opportunity to meet some fabulous ladies in our scrapbooking world whose classes I attended and who all guided me in their own special way.  They encouraged me and gave me the tools, knowledge and opportunities to develop and find my true style. I don't know if I found it as yet but what I can tell you is that it's a natural and ongoing process. If you just let go and allow yourself to be you,  your style changes itself. The most important thing is to enjoy what you do and not to limit yourself by creating rules and barriers in terms of what you think you can do or what you should be doing.

Let me give you an example, when I started scrapbooking I said: "I don’t see why someone would go through the effort to make a whole layout just to include one tiny photo... " uhmmm well look who is using little photos now. Another example, I said: " I am a scrapbooker, I don't make OTP projects, they just gather dust and neither am I a cardmaker, I can't think in such small formats... " Urgh really ? Yeah famous last words because I lived to regret them. Thankfully I learned as time went by and discovered that my layouts dont fit in albums so it's no different than doing OTP projects.  I also found a love for making ATC's and cards. 

I really hope my story encourages you to challenge yourself and explore the things that you never thought you would or could do. Whether you like clean paper based layouts or mix media,  I want to encourage you to  go and try something different and just give it a chance. You never know what could happen.

Now enough about me, surely you want to get to the fun stuff right? I think you would agree that this month's challenge is totally cool. I have to say I was a little bit worried about the selfie bit. You know when other people takes selfies it looks so awesome but when you do it just looks well... dumb? Well that's me but my gorgeous cousin is one of those girls who have mastered the art of selfies. She just gets it right every time and creates these super model photos just by kidding around and having bit of fun. 
 I  wanted to capture her funky but all so elegant style so I decided to use blue splats in the background.  To do this I simply mixed a bit of Duke coloured Colour Blast Shimmer powder and stamped it on using a clear plastic wrapper. Berdine also loves her bling so naturally I had to add in a bit of blingy ScrapFX chippy and  steel Coulour Blast paste. To make it pop and add that feminine touch I used tulle, tiny roses and a die-cut in a similar colour as her lip gloss. Quick and simple ☺"  

Here is Anguree's take on the challenge:


Material list: Watercolour Paper - Kaszazz, Cardstock - Kaszazz, Chipboard - Scrap FX,  Stamps - Scrap FX, Darkroom Door, Ksszazz, Colour Blast Shimmer Powder, Colour Blast Paste, tulle, Silver pen - PILOT, Sticker Strips - Flutterby Designs, tulle, paper flowers.

Social Media links 




Thank you Anguree for taking time to play along with us at Scrap the Girls.

So what do you think?  Have you got your Selfie photo printed yet?  Get on it and make sure you share it.

Krisy xx

2 comments:

Rosemary Hanson said...

lovely to read your story Anguree and I hear you on trying new things and being open to new ideas.
your page is quite stunning!

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Thank you so much Rosemary glad you enjoyed it ❤❤❤

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.