Sunday, December 1, 2019

OMG - DECEMBER is here | "NOT FOR TRADITION"

How has this happened....December already!  This months challenge is SIMPLE.  Trust me...I am thinking..what was I thinking when I set this....

Here it is...

I think, I was thinking...Simplicity, Australiana, neutrals...but OMG.....Not when I had to put my page together.  The DT came to my aid reminding me that it allowed them to think outside of the box and create layouts so very different to each other...and they did....

No traditions on this Christmas page! I decided to buck the trend against the neutral tones of the inspiration image and go with bright colour instead. I used a wreath design as my nod to Christmas, and also included a wood veneer piece (painted gold) that includes a gum leaves (and my favourite sentence enhancer!) for my title.
" very cold snowing Christmas is certainly the complete opposite to how we celebrate here in Australia."

I went a bit rogue on this one... I really couldn’t manage the natural tones and simplicity of the mood board... so I picked out some elements like the leaves and the word Christmas and included those!

"The gum leaf and stone reminds me of the Aussie bush and country towns"

" This was a group effort between my youngest daughter and I"



"Love the natural colours, although my little reindeer in color clashed a little! Easy fix swapping to black and white photo though."


"This is my december layout, i really love playing with this colors for a Christmas layout"
I was inspired by the colour scheme and also the simplicity of the image and the white space.
Who doesn't love Christmas? Who loves scrapping Christmas? Me....I love both so I took great pleasure in creating this page. My girl Holly has been wearing the same shirt christmas morning for the past 8 years (she secretly never wants to grow out of it ). Merry Christmas All....
Inspired by the Olive green tones in the image and that clean white background for my Christmas themed page.

OMG..  I'll tell you what... this DT didn't once complain about this challenge. But I was the last one dragging in my layout and struggling with inspiration.  I am so pleased with the variety of inspiration and the fact that everyone thought outside of the box.  I can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Krisy xx




No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.